Child Protection Policy
Please report any concerns to the Trusts Child Protection officer; Pam Rodgers, 07403185984
Dundee FC In The Community Trust (DFCCT) is fully committed to promoting, supporting and safeguarding the wellbeing of all children in its care. We recognise the child’s rights to protection as provided in Article 19 of the UNCRC: all forms of physical or mental violence, injury and abuse, neglect or negligent treatment, maltreatment or exploitation, including sexual abuse. ‘Child protection’ means protecting a child from child abuse or neglect, as stated within the National Guidance for Child Protection in Scotland 2014.
For the purposes of this policy a child is recognised as someone under the age of 18 years. This policy applies to all children regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, socio-economic status or family circumstance.
- Respect the rights of children as paramount.
- Promote the rights and wellbeing of children by providing opportunities for them to take part in football safely.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the wellbeing of children and protect them from abuse, ensuring they know what to do and who they can speak to if they need help.
- Require members of staff and volunteers to adopt and abide by this policy and sign up to the Code of Conduct for Safeguarding Children’s Wellbeing.
- Safely recruit and select individuals who will be working with children to ensure appropriate measures have been taken and risk assessed when needed.
- Train, support and supervise its members of staff, volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risks.
- Respond to any allegations of poor practice, misconduct or abuse of children in line with procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Observe guidelines issued by local Child Protection Committees for the protection of children.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this policy, these procedures and associated safeguards and include children’s views in this process.
This policy and associated procedures will be regularly reviewed and will include children’s participation and feedback on the content and actual experience of implementation as part of the review:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection and safeguarding of children or following any changes within DFCCT.
- Following any issue or concern raised about the protection and safeguarding of children within DFCCT
- In all other circumstances, at least every three years.